Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10 Reasons Everybody Should Cheer For Kazuhiro Koshi At The Vancouver Olympics

When I tell people that one of the athletes I am cheering for and supporting at the upcoming Vancouver Winter Olympics is a 45 year old skeleton racer from Japan, their first reaction is that I must be joking. When they find out that I'm not, they wonder why I would support such an obscure athlete. Here are 10 reasons why you should consider cheering on Kazuhiro Koshi at the Vancouver Olympic games:

10. How many other middle age men have photos taken of them that look this cool?



9. It's always more fun to cheer for the underdog.

8. The Japanese dragon helmet



7. When there is no snow, skeleton racers practice on cement.

6. How can you not cheer for someone that proclaims to the press, "I'll show you all what an old man can do — you wait!"

5. He's a fantastic example of what your father (husband / self) can accomplish instead of sitting on the couch drinking beer while watching TV.

4. At age 45, his goal is to come back with the gold.

3. Sliding down a half-tube of ice at 75 to 80 miles an hour...

2. approximately 4 inches above the ice...

And the number one reason that you should be rooting for Kazuhiro Koshi at the Vancouver Olympics is:

1. face first.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with your #5 anymore! My dad is one of those middle-aged men who needs such role model. BTW, I never noticed the dragon helmet. It is cool for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right with you on this one. Skeleton...who came up with this sport? I think it's the scariest of all the snow sports. I'm cheering for Kazuhiro, too!

    ReplyDelete